Sunday, July 15, 2012

Virgin Sangria!

Well the pictures for this post aren't going to be as awesome as this tasted as I was far too busy eating the fruit to even pay attention to the fact that I was doing such a crappy job... the fruit was THAT good!   I mean, look at it!....via my crappy iPhone pictures.. :/   Anyways, so I was having this surprise party for my best pal Wendy and her husband DJ, to celebrate the fact that they have a new baby on the way. Everyones talking beer, wine, vodka gummies and the like- all things my partner in crime cannot partake in now that she's pregnant.  So I'm racking my brain for a tasty virgin summer drink that would totally make her happy and well what better drink than Sangria!  Its easy to make, it tastes amazing, and really, once the citrus soaks in there, with the grape juice and stuff....it kinda tastes like an alcoholic beverage... I think. Sorda.  Wendy was happy. Success!




What You'll Need:
3 Cups Grape Juice
3/4 Cups Apple Juice
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
2 Cups Ginger Ale
1 Lemon - thinly slice, leave on the peel.
1 Lime - thinly slice, leave on the peel.
1 Orange - thinly slice, leave on the peel.
1 Apple - core and cut into chunks.
Grapes - seedless.
Cherries - I leave the stems on for easy grabbing and eating.
Nectarine - remove pit and cut into chunks.
Strawberries - cut in half or leave whole.




Directions:
After washing and cutting the fruit,  combine everything except the ginger ale into a pitcher or two and place in the fridge overnight. You don't have to do this, but its well worth it to have all the flavors mix together and soak into the fruits.
Before serving, add the ginger ale. 



No comments:

Post a Comment