Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pretzel Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders



This is a really simple and fast meal that I found via DashingDish, that everyone in my home enjoyed.   I had never even considered pretzels as the crust before and with several half eaten bags of pretzels in the house, this was a great way to make room in my pantry. 

You Will Need:
1 lb of Chicken Tenders.
3 tbs of Honey
2 tbs of Mustard
1 cup of finely crushed Pretzels *
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder (a couple shakes here and there)

* Its really important to finely crush the pretzels, otherwise they won't stick to the chicken.  I did leave some pieces less crushed for show and just smooshed them on as best as I could. 


Directions:

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with some non stick cooking spray.

Mix the honey and mustard together. I added some store bought honey mustard I had in the fridge as well, it kind of boosted the flavor (in my mind at least), and thickened it just a little bit more.

Mix the pretzel crumbs with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Dip the chicken pieces into the honey mustard mix then the pretzel mix. 


Place on baking sheet and bake for approx 10 minutes. Flip and repeat for another 10 minutes. 


Serve with more honey mustard or whatever you prefer to dip with.

No comments:

Post a Comment