I kept seeing this recipe floating around but never thought to try it until I started getting into making chocolate covered treats. I'm probably the last person on earth to know that chocolate, bananas and peanut butter go together, but now that I know, I'm setting this one on the top of my chocolate covered list. Even better, is to freeze them. I cannot explain it any better other than to say its an amazing bite of deliciousness. From the ice cold banana, to the sprinkle of salt on the chocolate, these are without a doubt a hit.
What You Need:
- 2 bananas - slice them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2tbs of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 1/4 cup or confectioners sugar
- 1 bag of Wiltons chocolate melts
- Sea Salt
- Wax or Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Line the baking sheet with the wax or parchment paper
- Place the sliced bananas on the sheet and set aside for a moment.
- Mix the peanut butter, confectioners sugar and heavy cream together. At this point the peanut butter will be thicker and you can take a bit and place on top of the banana slices.
- Melt your chocolate (I personally prefer to use Wiltons versus the Nestle morsels because of how easily and quickly they melt).
- Dip each of the banana/PB slices into the chocolate. Swirl it around to ensure its all coated. Using a toothpick, transfer back to the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt and any other sprinkles you want.
- Place in freezer for an hour or so. More or less is up to you.
- You're Done!