- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil the penne noodles, drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut each bread roll into half (for a total of 6 individual pieces).
- In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and milk - whisk gently.
- Next add the bread crumbs, bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
- Fold in the ground beef and cooked pasta.
- Form six mini loaves. Don't worry about them being perfect The mixture will be soft and lumpy.
- Place the loafs on a baking pan (cookie sheet) and bake uncovered for 25-30 mins or until completely cooked thru.
- Butter the bread with the garlic butter and bake for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- While the bread is baking, heat up the pasta sauce.
- Spread sauce on each slice of bread, sprinkle with some shaved parmesan then top with a meat loaf. Sprinkle some more shaved parmesan and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with a side of pasta sauce for dipping.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
(adapted from Better Homes and Gardens)
Pasta and Meatloaf - two very basic and staple meals in this household... you can imagine how wowed I was when I stumbled upon this mash up of mini meat loaves stuffed with pasta and then placed on a huge piece of garlic bread. Oh holy delicious! I had to make it and did and we ate until our bellies burst. It was absolutely easy to make and you should really give it a go. Really really.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 Cup dried penne pasta
3 Hoagie buns - make sure you find wide ones. I wasn't able
to so I found a wide fresh baguette loaf from the bakery,
which worked fantastically.
1 Medium onion (chopped)
3 Garlic cloves (minced)
3/4 Cup milk
2/3 Cups fine dry italian bread crumbs
1/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
2 Teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 Cup pasta sauce
1 Tablespoon olive oil
Shaved parmesan cheese
Its that easy! Make pasta, make meatloaf, make garlic bread. Put it all together and Mmmmmm.