Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tuna and Corn Cakes


In my mind I think I'm really not a fan of tuna, but thats purely some kind of mental glitch because I actually do enjoy it every time I've eaten it. But for whatever reason it is that I think I don't like it, it results in me rarely making, buying, or eating it.  I should change this...and this sandwich may be the key!  Again the photo does the dish no justice, but take my word its really good, its good for you, and especially tasty with the added Thai sweet chili sauce!


What You Need:
1- 2 cans of tuna in spring water (425g can approx).  Drain out all the water.
3 eggs, beaten
1 can of sweet corn
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 onion - diced
2 - 3 scallions - thinly sliced.
Salt and Pepper


Directions:

In a bowl, mix together the tuna, onion, scallion, corn, salt and pepper. 


Next, add the beaten egg and breadcrumbs and continue to mix until its all blended.


Form patties in whatever size you want. I opted for burger sized ones.  


Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and slowly place the patties in the pan. 


The patties may start to fall apart, so handle with care and resist the urge to move them or flip them for awhile until the first side starts to cook.


Fry until both sides are a golden.


Put it on a bun, pour some Thai sweet chili sauce on it, add some mozzarella, lettuce and tomato and you've got yourself a tuna burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment