Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwiches



Cookies. Ice Cream. Sprinkles. Three things that go well together.
I don't have a big sweet tooth, but everyone in this house does and I enjoy making these things. So here we have a quick and easy ice-cream sandwich.


You will need:


Cookies!  - I used store bought oatmeal and chocolate chip.
Ice Cream - I used vanilla
Sprinkles


Its as easy as spreading the ice cream between two cookies, dipping the edges in sprinkles, freezing it for a bit to harden and eating.


I will say that I thought I could use frozen yogurt the first go around, but between the heat outside and the heat in my kitchen that turned into an instant melted pile of disaster.  I'm not kidding when I say instant either.  


Never fear though, that cookie yogurty mess was saved with sprinkles, cinnamon powder and a cherry on top. I crumbled the cookies up in the melted mess, added a little more and served it up. The kids were eagerly pleased and none the wiser.



No comments:

Post a Comment