Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunshine Smoothie



Well doesn't this look tropical.  I decided I'd attempt fancy today. I think I just surprised myself at my capabilities.. Ok, I know its a fairly simple thing, anyone can do it. But, I've never done it..and I did it! So that means you can too!

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1/2 of an 8oz can of crushed pineapple
1 Banana
1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
1/4 cup Mango-Peach Juice
2 tbs Honey


DIRECTIONS:
For the first layer, you'll want to blend your yellows. The banana and pineapple (with juice it comes in). If its too thin, add another banana.  Add the two spoons of honey.
Set aside.

For the second layer, blend the mango-peach juice with your strawberries. You may opt to add more strawberries if you feel its not enough. If you need it to be looser, add more juice.

Next, pour your yellow smoothie in a tall glass.
Then, SLOWLY pour your strawberry mixture. You want to do this slow so it stays somewhat separate.  Garnish with a strawberry and serve!

NOTE: you'll want to be sure the consistency of each layer is more thick than thin so that it stays separate. So add more or less of any of the ingredients as you see fit. Adding ice will also thicken it up if you are in a bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment