Monday, January 14, 2013

Avocado, Pineapple Banana Shake




WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1/2 Avocado
2 Cups Spinach
1 Banana
1/2 Cup Pineapple
Juice of 1 Lemon (3tbs)
1 Cup Ice
1tbs Minced Ginger (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Put the spinach and almond milk in the blender first. You'll want to be sure you've tightly packed your cup of spinach, get all that good stuff in there. Once you've blended that down, add everything but the ice. Blend again for just a few moments and then add the ice. Blend to desired texture.

NOTES:
This one isn't bad at all. I added the mince ginger but I think from here on out, I'll leave it out. I've decided I'm not too fond of tasting ginger in my smoothie - don't get me wrong, I like ginger... just not in my smoothie. BUT if you like it in your smoothie, its good for you, so put it in... or don't... but certainly no more than the 1 tablespoon because then you'll just have a ginger smoothie.

As for the pineapple - I totally cheated and used one of those small 8oz cans of crushed pineapple (or at least I think it was 8oz...whatever the smallest can size is).  Its what I had in a pinch and it worked just find. Saved me the cutting and mess too.

This smoothie was very filling, tasty enough, but again.. the ginger wasn't my friend, but don't let that keep you from trying it.




No comments:

Post a Comment