Saturday, November 10, 2012

Bacon Pancakes


Oh sweet bacon, I can't tell you how many times I've zoomed in on this picture just to stare at the bacon. Bacon will be the death of me if I don't watch out and clearly I'm eating way more than I should in one sitting because each time afterwards, I'm dehydrated for at least two days. I've got the bacon fever bad and I need to stop. But first, bacon pancakes!
The song Bacon Pancakes from the show Adventure Time is a constant in my household. Its absolutely catchy and of course makes me crave bacon, so this morning I decided to follow the songs lead and make bacon pancakes, all the while singing the song... in fact, I'm singing it now that I'm talking about it..... I can't stop. 

Now I'm not a huge fan of pancakes - I prefer crispy waffles, but the idea of sticking a strip of bacon in a pancake sounds pretty damn cool if you ask me.  And before I go on with the recipe, I'm going to post this remix version that I play on a loop, of the Adventure Time song.  It'll make you happy and without a doubt want bacon pancakes! It'll also get stuck in your head. Forever.  You should totally hit play right now.



WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

  • 1 package of bacon (preferably thick, center cut)
  • Pancake mix (I buy the kind you just add water to, but make it however you like)
                         THATS IT!   How easy is that?!


DIRECTIONS:

Fry the bacon.  How much is up to you. I did most of the package but also left several strips to eat solo. Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats eating crunchy bacon on its own.  If you have a bacon press, use it. You want to keep your strips somewhat flat.  Set aside when done.

Mix up your pancake batter and if you have one of those hot griddles, I'd say use that. But a skillet works just as well. Its what I use, it just takes longer. 

      

Place a strip of bacon down on the hot surface and then pour  batter over it. Let it cook and then slowly flip once the first side is done. You can gauge when to flip when all the little bubbles burst. 

Once the second side is done, move to a plate and continue with as many as you plan on making.

Pour some syrup over it for added yummy goodness. Butter too!




No comments:

Post a Comment