Spaghetti and breadsticks Halloween style, served up in a couple of bell pepper pumpkins. I had fun making this dinner as much as everyone enjoyed eating it. There's not much more to it, so lets get to the recipe (aka its late and I'm too tired to babble on about it).
WHAT YOU"LL NEED:
- Spaghetti noodles (however much you want to make)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Ground beef (optional if you want a meat sauce)
- Bell Peppers (orange and yellow are best. Use however many you would like to serve up)
- Bread stick dough (I used Pillsbury)
- Red gel dye
- Italian seasoning and/or garlic salt
- Large black olives
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Make your spaghetti as you normally would.
Hollow out the peppers and carve pumpkin faces in them.
While the spaghetti noodles are boiling, make your witch finger breadsticks - see directions below.
When noodles are done, add your sauce and loosely fill the peppers.
Before its too full, slice the olives in half and place them inside the pepper behind the cuts for the eyes.
Witch Fingers ~
Shape the breadstick dough into knobby fingers.
You can use a knife to mark up the knuckles.
Dab some red gel dye on the tips of each finger and press an almond into it.
Brush the tops of the finger with the melted butter and sprinkle with the seasoning.
Bake per directions on the packaging.