Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bloody Worms and Maggots



Tonight I really didn't feel like cooking. It was just the little man and I and he wanted hot dogs. Easy enough.  I offered him bloody worms... aka hot dogs and ketchup, and being that I'm half Asian, I have to have rice with my meal.  While I usually go for the basic white rice, I opted for some yellow rice tonight just to add some color to the meal and to double as the maggots - although I'm sure the white would suffice just fine.

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

  • Hot Dogs 
  • Ketchup
  • Rice 
DIRECTIONS:

Make your rice ahead of time as it'll take longer than the hot dogs.  You could also just use hot dog buns and skip the maggot factor.


Once the rice is near done, slice the hot dogs into four strips. You may be able to slice an additional strip or two if you're careful.



Boil some water in a frying pan and place the strips in.  They will start to curl up - its pretty cool to watch. Reminds me a little of shrinky dinks from back in the day. Do they even make those anymore??


Pour out the water and return the worm dogs back into the pan. Mix in some ketchup to coat.

Serve over a bed of rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment