(Original recipe can be found at Wendy See Wendy Do)
Every time I buy wonton wrappers or egg roll wrappers, I'm left with a stack I have no idea what to do with. Today I decided to hunt down something new to try with the leftover wrappers versus letting them sit for months and get freezer burn and then I'd have to toss them. I found countless recipes for rolls and dumplings of all kinds - basically the standard. THEN, I came upon this greatness. These little crispy squares were the perfect dinner snack for my 5 year old and I. Made up and on the table in approximately 10 minutes total, we spent the rest of the evening playing Batman Lego 2 and munching on them. These are definitely a keeper and I can see changing them up in different ways to make other kinds of mini pizzas chips, which, they totally were like a chip.
What You Will Need:
- 12 Wontons wrappers (if frozen, just microwave for 20 seconds to thaw)
- 12 Slices of Pepperon
- Mozzarella Cheese - shredded
- Italian Herb Seasoning
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- A baking sheet
What To Do:
- Crank that oven up on 375.
- Spray some non stick cooking spray to cover the base.
- Lay your 12 wrappers - 4 per row - making sure they don't touch each other.
- Spray the wrappers
- Sprinkle the cheese.
- Sprinkle the seasoning.
- Top it off with a pepperoni slice and pop it in the oven.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.