(Original Recipe from The Sugar Pixie)
By now everyone knows what Sriracha is, you know, Rooster Sauce... and if you don't know, you should probably try it. It goes great with almost everything, like ketchup. Even in ketchup. And on eggs, and rice, and noodles, and soup, and peanut butter cookies... ?? Apparently so. I found this recipe by The Sugar Pixie, and really I couldn't wrap my head around the idea at first. But then I thought, it has to be good - especially because the hoisin dipping sauce used for the fresh garden rolls I eat have peanut butter and Sriracha.. so its got to be good. Has to be. Must be.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg - lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp of Sriracha (more/less depending on you)
- Granulated sugar for dipping.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar together first.
- Slowly add in the egg, vanilla, and Sriracha.
- Scoop out about 1.5 tbs of dough and roll into a ball.
- Dip the top of the balls into the granulated sugar and place them 1.5 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough balls and make a cross pattern on the cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. The edges should be golden brown.
- Let them cool for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.